My 3 favorite vinaigrettes
Apr 6 2016
These 3 vinaigrettes are my go to. Sometimes I will only go for freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil, or balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
No matter which one I prepare I always like to use a variety of fresh herbs : parsley, tarragon, chives, basil, cilantro, chervil, even mint… I grow most of these in my veggie garden, so it is easy.
It is fun to experiment and always delicious so go for it!
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar ( I also use apple cider vinegar a lot)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Put the first 3 ingredients with the salt and pepper in a jar with a lid, close and shake well. Add the olive oil in 2 times and shake well in between, or whirl them in a blender.
It Keeps up to 1 week in the fridge.
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- salt & pepper, to taste
Same directions as the first one.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Djion mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, I do not use olive oil fro this as the taste is too strong
- You could also add 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, it is delicious
Same directions as the first one
Et Voila, Bon Appetit!